Manjunath Sharma, BNYS, PhD
Professor and Research Director, VaYU
- DSc from S-VYASA University, Bengaluru in 2018.
- Ph.D. Yoga and Geriatric Medicine from S-VYASA University, Bengaluru, in 2006.
- B.N.Y.S (Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences) from S.D.M. College of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences, South India. Mangalore University in 1994.
1. Administrative (Academic & Research)
- Research Director at VaYU
- Director of International Affairs, S-VYASA (A deemed to be University recognized by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India), Bengaluru, 2016 till the present time.
- Director of Research and Development, S-VYASA(A deemed to be University), Bengaluru, 2015 till the present time.
- Joint Director of Research and Development, S-VYASA(A deemed to be University), Bengaluru, 2011-2015.
- Registrar, S-VYASA(A deemed to be University), Bengaluru, 2010-2011.
2. Administrative (Management):
- Vice-President, Asian Yoga Therapy Association, Singapore.
- Board of Director, Indo- US Health Intitiatives Inc., Boston, USA.
- Board of Director, Boston Center for Excellence (BoCE), Boston, USA.
- Board of Director, S-VYASA-UK, London, United Kingdom.
- Board of Director, S-VYASA-USA, Dallas, Texas, USA.
- Board of Director, Samatvam AyurNYoga Pvt. Ltd. Bengaluru.
- Joint Secretary,Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana, Bengaluru.
- Member, Board of Management, S-VYASA (deemed to be University), Bengaluru.
- Member, Board of Management, Sushrutha Ayurveda Medical Collge, Bengaluru.
3. Academic and Professional distinctions :
- Visiting faculty, Shanghai University of Political Science and Law, Shanghai, China.
- Visiting faculty, Italian Yoga Federation at the University of Parma, Italy.
- Visiting faculty, The India-China Yoga College - Yunan Minzu University, Kunming, China.
- Research Collaborator with the Division of Epidemiology and Public Health, School of Medicine, the University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK.
- Research Collaborator with the D-Lab, Massachusettes Institue of Technology, Boston, USA.
- Chairman, Ethics Committee, Art of Living Foundation, Bengaluru.
- Member, Taskforce – SATYAM, Department of Science and Technology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India.
- Member, Research Committee, Integrative Medicine initiative, Niti Aayog, Govt. of India, New Delhi.
- Member - Core group, Yoga Program Accreditation in Higher Education, NAAC, Govt. of India, Bengaluru.
- Resource person, Task force (Sub committee- Research & Development), Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India.
- Editor – International Journal of Yoga, Indexed in Pubmed, Published by Wolters Kluwer Health & Medknow Publications.
Travel grants awarded:
- from the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India to present a research paper at an international conference organized by the Center for Positive Health, University of South Florida, Tampa, USA.
- from the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India To present a paper at an international conference organized by the Federation of Asian and Oceanian Physiological Societies, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in 2002.
- from the Indian Council for Medical Research, Government of India to present apaper at an international Conference organized by the Society for Psychophysiology Research, Boston, USA in 2011.
Recognition as an External Examiner for:
- Doctoral Degree (Ph.D.), All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
- Doctoral Degree (Ph.D.), Visva Bharathi University – Santhiniketan, Calcutta, West Bengal.
- Doctoral Degree (Ph.D.), Madras University, Chennai, Tamilnadu.
- Doctoral Degree (Ph.D.), Tamilnadu Physical Education and Sports University, Chennai, Tamilnadu.
- Doctoral Degree (Ph.D.), Allahabad University, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD – Yoga Therapy), Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bengaluru, India.
List of Publications:
- Vijayakumar V., Mavathur R., Manjunath N. K., and Raghuram, N. (2019). Yoga as a Safer Form of Physical Activity in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: The Bidirectional Property of Yoga in Establishing Glucose Homeostasis. International Journal of Yoga. 12. 174. 10.4103/ijoy.IJOY_57_18.
- Vyas S. C,, Mooventhan A., and Manjunath N. K. (2019). Effect of hot arm and foot bath on heart rate variability and blood pressure in healthy volunteers. Journal of Complementary and Integretive Medicine, Aug 15. pii: /j/jcim.ahead-of-print/jcim-2018-0181/jcim-2018-0181.xml.
- Loganathan, N., Aruchunan, M., and Manjunath, N. K. (2019). Effects of yoga for cardiovascular and respiratory functions: a pilot study. Integrative Medicine Research, 8(3), 180. Sep;8(3):180. doi: 10.1016/j.imr.2019.05.004.
- Vasudha, M.S., Manjunath, N.K., and Nagendra, H.R. (2019). Lifestyle – a common denominator for both onset and management of Migraine headache. Complementing tradition with science. International Journal of Yoga, May-Aug;12(2):146-152.
- Balakrishnan R., Nanjundaiah R. M., Nirwan M., Manjunath N. K., Ganju L., Saha M., Singh S. B., Ramarao N. H. (2019). Design and Validation of Yoga module for Antarctic Expeditioners. Journal of Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine, Jan 29. pii: S0975-9476(17)30426-6.