This institution is provisionally approved by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education, State of California to offer degree programs. To continue to offer this degree program, this institution must meet the following requirements:
- Become institutionally accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education, with the scope of the accreditation covering at least one-degree program.
- Achieve accreditation candidacy or pre-accreditation, as defined in regulations, by (date two years from date of provisional approval), and full accreditation by (date five years from date of provisional approval).
If this institution stops pursuing accreditation, it must:
- Stop all enrollment in its degree programs, and
- Provide a teach-out to finish the educational program or provide a refund.
An institution that fails to comply with accreditation requirements by the required dates shall have its approval to offer degree programs automatically suspended.
Vivekananda Yoga University (VaYU) considers students, employees and applicants for admission or employment, and those seeking access to programs, on the basis of individual merit. The University, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classes under the law. In addition, the VaYU expects all students, faculty, staff, vendors and associates to comply with the policy of non-discrimination.
Sexual Harassment Policy
VaYU maintains an environment free of sexual harassment and will not tolerate any form of harassment of its employees, faculty or students. Retaliation against persons raising concerns about discrimination, sexual harassment or harassment of any kind is prohibited and will constitute separate grounds for disciplinary action up to and including discharge or expulsion from the university. Any violation should be immediately reported to the Office of the Grievance Procedures at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Americans with Disabilities Act Accommodations for Faculty and Staff
VaYu's affirmative Action and non-discrimination policies are very strong and encourage the employment and advancement in employment of qualified persons with a disability. Employees may disclose the nature of the disability to the Office for Human Resources to request reasonable accommodations. The request for accommodations will be reviewed so that the university may provide reasonable accommodations to assist the employee in performing the essential functions of the position.
Submission of disability information is strictly voluntary. In addition, if there is a disability which affects the employee's performance or might create a hazard to the employee or others, then additional information will be helpful such as:
- The skills and procedures the employee uses or intends to use to perform the job, and
- The accommodations that the university may make which would help the employee perform the job properly and safely.
The Office for Human Resources assists faculty and staff members in requesting reasonable accommodations.