R Nagarathna, MD, FRCP, DSc
Dr. R Nagarathna is the Medical Director of Arogyadhama, the Holistic Health Care Center at Prashanti Kuteeram, Bengaluru. Having mastered Yoga, she combines the best of the east (Ancient Indian Traditional System – Yoga) with best of the west (Modern Medicine System – Allopathy) for treating even acute cases of non-communicable diseases such as Asthma, Heart disease, Cancer. Apart from being Medical Director, as an Academician, she has been guiding many PhD Students of S-VYASA.
Specialties: Yoga & Meditation
- Fellow of Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh.
- Member of Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh.
- Fellow of International College of Angiology.
- Life Member of Association of Physicians of India.
- Member of Third World Organization for Women in Science, C/o Third World
- Academy of Sciences, Trieste, Italy.
- Medical Director at Arogyadhama and Faculty, S-VYASA, Bengaluru.
- Assistant Surgeon, Children’s Unit, Vani Vilas Hospital, Bengaluru.
- Assistant Surgeon cum Lecturer, CG Hospital & JJM Medical College, Davanagere, Karnataka.
- Senior House Officer, Poole Hospital, Department of Geriatric Medicine Middleborough General Hospital, Cleveland, UK.
- Registrar, Rheumatology, West Lane Hospital Middleborough,Cleveland, UK.
- Chief Medical Officer, Vivekananda Kendra Yoga Chikitsa Nilayam, Kanyakumari, India.
- Visiting Consultant Physician, Ashwini Hospital, Madikeri, Coorg, Karnataka, India.
- Vishweshwaraiah Vijnana Puraskara (2008) for the contribution in the field of Scientific Research in the field Yoga by Swadeshi Vijnana Andholana, Karnataka.
- The Essel Karnataka’s Best Medical Service Award (2007) by ZEE-Kannada Television Channel Awards.
- Vidya Varenya (2005) for the contributions in the field of Yoga by Ministry of Health, Vyaps Techno Soft Pvt. Ltd. and Quaser Innovation Pvt. Ltd., Bengaluru.
- Woman of Excellence award (2003) by Badaganadu Sangha Association, Bengaluru, for the Service to Humanity through Yoga Therapy.
- Dr. P S Shankar Vaidya Shree award (2001) by Dr. P S Shankar Pratistana, Gulbarga.
- Patanjali Award (2000) for the contributions in the field of Yoga by Indian Systems of Medicine and Homoeopathy (ISM & H), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, Bengaluru.
- Karnataka Kalpavalli award (1995) for the Service to Women through Yoga by Shaswathi, a Women’s Organization, NMKRV College, Bengaluru.
- Doctor’s Day award (1992) by IMA, Bengaluru Branch.
- Honorary Doctor of Science (DSc) (2012) from Kuvempu University, Shimoga, Karnataka.
- Member of Finance Committee of Central Council of Research in Yoga and Naturopathy (CCRYN), Department of ISM & H, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, New Delhi (since 2001).
- Member of Working Group of Experts for Preparation and Approval of Syllabus for PG Diploma in Yoga Therapy by University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi, (2002 - 2003).
- Faculty, School of Integrative Medicine, Swinburne University, Melbourne, Australia, (since 2002).
- Recipient of Gold Medal for securing First Rank in Surgery in Final MBBS Exam (1966), Bengaluru University and Silver Medal for securing Second Rank in Ophthalmology in MBBS (1965), Bengaluru University.